Jordin Sparks

Venez discuter ici des participants ainsi que tout ce qui entoure cette émission!
felix
Immortel du Domaine

Message par felix »

Citation :

Monday, January 28, 2008
Star-spangled GIG
Jordin Sparks lands dream job at Super Bowl XLII
Christina Fuoco-Karasinski / Special to The Detroit News

During an interview before the "American Idols Live!" show in Jordin Sparks' hometown of Glendale, Ariz., last summer, the sixth-season winner said there's nothing she wanted to do more than sing the national anthem at Super Bowl XLII. She was ready to play the part, having been clad in an Arizona Cardinals jersey.

Since then, her dream has come true. The daughter of ex-football star Phillippi Sparks will kick off the Glendale, Ariz., event on Sunday. We spoke with Sparks, 18, about her upcoming Super Bowl gig, what it's like being the youngest "American Idol" winner, and what it was like to work with singer Chris Brown.

Q . How do you feel about singing the national anthem this weekend?

Advertisement

A . I can't believe they asked me to do it. But I'm so, so happy about it, and it's crazy because millions of people watch "American Idol." It's like I didn't think anything could get any bigger. Now, I'm doing the Super Bowl and billions of people are watching that.

Q . You're the youngest winner of "American Idol." Do you feel like you have to prove yourself or work harder because of that?

A . Yeah, I definitely think in some aspects of it I've had to work harder. Everybody was in their twenties and up; they kind of knew a little bit more about themselves. As a person, they had more experience and more growth. For me, I'm trying to reach the bar that they set, selling millions of records. All that good stuff. I'm just taking it day by day, step by step and I'm just doing what I can.

source:
http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080128/ENT04/801280309

JOYEUX NOEL ET BONNE ANNÉE 2009!!!!
Charlot21
Seigneur de la Causerie

Message par Charlot21 »

J'ai vu son clip hier à Musique plus. Je l'ai trouvé aussi ordinaire que la première fois à Musimax, mais c'est cool qu'elle joue à M+, ça veut dire que les jeunes Québecois vont la connaître.
ImWyckA
Immortel du Domaine

Message par ImWyckA »

C'est pas le clip qui est important (yé poche ) mais la chanson Je l'avais déjà vu passer à "C'est neuf" à Musimax lorsqu'il venait de sortir... Mais c'est pas vraiment étonnant, "Tattoo" est un gros hit aux États-Unis et auparavant, tous les gros succès des anciens AI finissent par arriver ici (Kelly, Carrie et Daughtry que j'entend souvent). Mais rester que c'est le fun ^^
felix
Immortel du Domaine

Message par felix »

Citation :

Jordin Sparks beats dad to Super Bowl

Erin Zlomek
The Arizona Republic
Jan. 29, 2008 08:27 AM

Phillippi Sparks' No. 22 NY Giants jersey may finally make it onto a Super Bowl playing field.

The local football legend and Maryvale High School graduate slipped on and off the Giants' roster between the team's last two Super Bowl appearances: a 1991 victory against the Buffalo Bills and a 2001 loss against the Baltimore Ravens.

He missed both games by about a year.

Though Phillippi never felt Super Bowl grass beneath his feet, his daughter, 2007 American Idol winner Jordin Sparks, will when she sings the national anthem before the Giants vs. New England Patriots showdown Sunday at University of Phoenix Stadium.

Phillippi said he and Jordin joked about the situation while watching the most recent season of Idol.

"I told Jordin she could wear my jersey. It says 22 Sparks and she could go, 'This is for you, Dad,'" he said. "How good is fate? For her her to be the one to sing at the Super Bowl and the Giants to make it all in the same year."

Jordin was in New York City shooting a music video last week for her next single "No Air" a duet with pop singer Chris Brown. At the shoot, Jordin said several local Giants fans kept asking how she felt about singing for her dad's former team.

"It's really ironic because it's the Giants and it's in my hometown. I love football and to be able to sing at the game is a huge deal," Jordin said. "He (Phillippi) was like, 'At least one of us made it to the Super Bowl.'"

Phillippi was drafted to the Giants in 1992 following his career at Arizona State University, and left for the Dallas Cowboys in 2000, before retiring from the National Football League that same year.

Sunday's nationally televised game is expected to bring career exposure for Jordin, but it will also mark a return to the spotlight of sorts for Phillippi. After his retirement, the former cornerback and punt returner spent much of his time directing the football career of his son P.J.

"I've been laying low for eight years . . . trying to stay out of the spotlight. No news is good news to me," Phillippi said.

But that will soon change when the Giants roll through Glendale. He has been asked to provide game commentary for local and national radio and TV networks. But don't expect those appearances to become a habit - Phillippi said that looking after his kids will remain his full-time job.

P.J., a 5-foot, 7-inch, 175-pound high school freshman will likely join a prep school football team next year. Phillippi said he hopes to land a coaching job on that team.

And, of course, there is always Jordin's music career to follow. In 2007 Phillippi watched Jordin sing for President George Bush and former Supremes' front woman Diana Ross, among other celebrities. He and wife Jodi will be watching Jordin's Super Bowl performance from seats close to the field.

"In the NFL . . . the (Super Bowl) is what you play for and making it there was my goal, but I would take watching my daughter's performance and her voice over the Super Bowl anytime. What she's accomplished can't even compare to the Super Bowl. You'd have to win 20 Super Bowls to compare to what she's doing," he said.

Jordin Sparks by the numbers
3 - The age Jordin Sparks started singing for friends and family.

8 - Sparks' first single, Tattoo, off her self-titled album, peaked at No. 8 on the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart (as of last week).

10 - Sparks' self-titled album, her first coming off American Idol, peaked at No. 10 on the Billboard 200 album chart (as of last week).

11 - The first time Sparks appeared before Idol judges Randy Jackson, Paula Abdul and Simon Cowell, Cowell criticized her by saying, "Sometimes, I like to put one sugar in my coffee to make it sweeter. That was the equivalent of putting 11 spoonfuls in. It was all a bit too cutesy, a bit over the top, you know that weird smile thing you were doing throughout."

Not long after, Sparks' fan club designed a tank top that read "1 Jordin + 11 Sugar Cubes = Superstar."

17 - As Idol judge Randy Jackson would say "Seventeen, dog. Only 17," referring to Sparks' age during the 2007 Idol season. She then became the youngest person to take home the Idol crown.

300 - The approximate number of "1 Jordin + 11 Sugar Cubes = Superstar" tank tops fans bought during the 2007 Idol season.

500 - The day after Sparks sang Shirley Bassey's I (Who Have Nothing) on Idol, Yahoo searches for the song's lyrics increased 500 percent. It was the database's most widely searched Idol song of the 2007 season.

14,000 - the number of fans that packed Jobing.com Arena on July 18 to watch Sparks perform as part of the American Idols Live concert tour.

50,000 - Sparks has agreed to match up to $50,000 for every dollar her fans donate to her charities through her Myspace page. Up to five charities benefit, including local organizations such as Alice Cooper's Solid Rock Foundation and downtown Phoenix's Valley Youth Theater.

source:
http://www.azcentral.com/community/westvalley/articles/0129gl-sbsparks0130-ON.html

Citation :

Jordin Sparks' Super Bowl party schedule

Fans have two chances to check out Jordin Sparks today. Both events will take place at Skye Restaurant in Peoria, 16844 N. Arrowhead Center Fountain Drive. Tickets to both events are available at Skye and through Ticketmaster. For more information, visit www.NXLEVELVIP.com.

First event (for all ages).
When: 3-5:30 p.m.

Who: Jordin Sparks, as well as former Idol contestants Melinda Doolittle, Chris Richardson, and Sanjaya Malakar.

General admission: $25.

Second event (for those over 21).
When: Red carpet gala starts at 7:30 p.m.

Who will be there: Sparks, Doolittle, Richardson and Malakar. Matt Leinart, Darren Woodson and Alice Cooper are also scheduled to make appearances.

General admission: $100.

VIP tickets: $200.

source:
idem

felix
Immortel du Domaine

Message par felix »

Citation :

Alicia Keys and Jordin Sparks Play Super Bowl; Good Time to Duck Out and Buy Nachos
Leah Collins
Published: Friday, February 01, 2008

http://a123.g.akamai.net/f/123/12465/1d/media.canada.com/8c8b3290-2b08-4dc6-8e3e-2cc645fdfe05/020108_sparksandkeys.jpg
Alicia Keys and Jordin Sparks: voted by Dose editors as the least likely to piss of the FCC -- but wouldn't it be awesome if they did? Don't be shy, ladies! (Getty Images)

Alicia Keys and least-awesome American Idol champ, Jordin Sparks will play this year's Super Bowl pre-game show, reports Rolling Stone. Choreographers could not be reached to confirm whether Keys will be flashing the audience while Sparks plays Prince's "phallic" guitar with her teeth during their rendition of "The Star Spangled Banner." Sparks' ex-New York Giants cornerback daddy, Phillippi would be proud.

As for the half-time show, Sparks' Idol pal, Paula Abdul and Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers will take the field. It should be better than Super Bowl XXIX's Indiana Jones/Miami Sound Machine extrava-lame-za, but you may get more entertainment value out of this year's spate of Super Bowl ads, which are expected to feature appearances from Madonna, Justin Timberlake, Missy Elliott and Shakira.

source:
http://www.dose.ca/music/story.html?id=c4156d7f-b6cf-45f4-8dfa-71304e70899a&k=28120

http://ap.google.com/media/ALeqM5iyxglAwVJEyXCqELQUo8uWZ_v_HA

source:
http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5i8fmlLgfRR4IVJUU_exFgt-IVO0gD8UHGJ600 --Message edité par félix le 2008-02-01 13:23:53--

ImWyckA
Immortel du Domaine

Message par ImWyckA »

felix
Immortel du Domaine

Message par felix »

OUF! Merci Micka!

Blu-Ray
Caïd de la Causette

Message par Blu-Ray »

Si je ne rappele bien. Elle était vraiment pas favorite au départ. Petit à petit elle a montré son talent et mérité son titre. Bravo à Elle.

Seniorita
Seigneur de la Causerie

Message par Seniorita »

Wow! Elle a bien fait ça au SuperBowl. Belle perfo de l'hymne nationale..
felix
Immortel du Domaine

Message par felix »

Bravo Jordin... tu as réussi ... pas facile devant des millions et des millions d'auditeurs...

Belle prefo!

~*Chris*~
Intronisé au Panthéon

Message par ~*Chris*~ »

Seniorita  a écrit
Wow! Elle a bien fait ça au SuperBowl. Belle perfo de l'hymne nationale..

Oui, sa performance etait vraiment bonne   ... Bravo Jordin      
Blu-Ray
Caïd de la Causette

Message par Blu-Ray »

Elle l'a chanté d'une façon originale.
Super Bien

ImWyckA
Immortel du Domaine

Message par ImWyckA »

Wow, c'était vraiment bon
felix
Immortel du Domaine

Message par felix »

en comparaison... (injuste évidemment)

Whitney Houston - Star Spangled Banner

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5GSxSmYvME

ImWyckA
Immortel du Domaine

Message par ImWyckA »

Pufffffff.... Jordin est plus jolie

Pis à part les grandes envolées vocales, c'était pas si extraordinaire Vive Jordin
~*Chris*~
Intronisé au Panthéon

Message par ~*Chris*~ »

Je suis sur la meme avis que Micka
Ninty
Seigneur de la Causerie

Message par Ninty »

C'est beau être vendu Micka, mais la....

Sinon, belle perfo de Jordin.
felix
Immortel du Domaine

Message par felix »

Micka  a écrit
Pufffffff.... Jordin est plus jolie

Pis à part les grandes envolées vocales, c'était pas si extraordinaire Vive Jordin

http://slimtainment.com/idolblog/1130#more-1130

felix
Immortel du Domaine

Message par felix »

On peut vraiment pas comparer Whitney avec Jordin...

felix
Immortel du Domaine

Message par felix »

Citation :

unday, February 3, 2008
'Idol's' Anthem lacks spark
Adam Graham / Detroit News Pop Music Writer

Super Bowl XLII kicked off with a spark -- or with a Sparks, rather.

Sixth season "American Idol" winner Jordin Sparks, a native of Super Bowl host city Glendale, Ariz., sang the National Anthem prior to kickoff Sunday, and looked incredibly nervous as she took the field. And why wouldn't she? A year ago, her only dream of going to a Super Bowl was if her father, former NFL player Phillippi Sparks, was playing in one.

But Sparks delivered the Anthem with the same poise she showed during her "Idol" run. She kept the histrionics in check, and didn't go too far over the top in terms of vocal showboating.

Still, it could have benefited from some va-va-voom, or some sort of, well, spark. Because there isn't much to Sparks beyond her gleaming smile, her Anthem lacked the flavor or originality a more seasoned artist would have brought to the table. Hey, at least Blake Lewis would have beatboxed.

But Sparks' anthem was serviceable. It won't go down in history as one of the greats -- it had already faded by memory by half way through the first quarter -- but it was by no means an embarrassment.

Sparks was part of an entertainment roster that included Alicia Keys, Willie Nelson and Sara Evans, who performed in pregame festivities. Halftime duties went to legendary rockers Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers.

source:
http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080203/UPDATE/802030339

Répondre

Revenir à « AMERICAN IDOL / THE X FACTOR »