SYTYCD CANADA - 3e saison

Venez discuter ici des participants ainsi que tout ce qui entoure cette émission!
xilef
Immortel du Domaine

SYTYCD CANADA - 3e saison

Message par xilef »

So You Think You Can Dance auditions this weekend in Halifax
Halifax News Net

So You Think You Can Dance Canada Season 3 auditions will take over the Bella Rose Arts Centre, 283 Thomas Raddall Drive, on March 6, beginning at 9 a.m. AT

Host Leah Miller, judges Jean Marc Genereux, Tré Armstrong, Luther Brown and Dan Karaty and choreographer Blake McGrath are in Halifax and ready to see the East Coast bust a move –

Last season Halifax produced Top 20 finalist Natalie Lyons, and now auditions for the third season of CTV’s SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE CANADA <http://www.dance.ctv.ca/> head to Halifax on Saturday, March 6 at the Bella Rose Arts Centre, with registration beginning at 9 a.m. AT. Dancers will have to break it down for judges, as well as guest judge Dan Karaty, but only time will tell if someone from the East Coast will walk away with the title of Canada’s next Favourite Dancer and the $100,000 prize. For audition details <http://www.ctv.ca/mini/dance2009/Audition.html> and FAQs <http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/s ... 09&no_ads=> , visit the series’ official website, dance.ctv.ca <http://www.dance.ctv.ca> .

Halifax is the fourth and only East Coast stop on the cross-country audition tour for So You Think You Can Dance Canada which kicked off in Toronto in November 2009 before travelling to Montreal and Vancouver. Auditions will conclude in Calgary on Saturday, March 13.

Hopefuls from across the country will audition to see if they can follow in the footsteps of Canada’s two Favourite Dancers – Tara-Jean Popowich from Lethbridge, AB and Nico Archambault from Montreal, QC, as well as Season 2 Top 20 dancer and Halifax native Natalie Lyons (Top 14).

So You Think You Can Dance Canada Season 3 cross-country auditions are open to all Canadians who, as of November 14, 2009, are of the age of majority in the province/territory in which they reside, and are no older than 30 years of age. The age of majority in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and Newfoundland and Labrador is 19, and it’s 18 in Prince Edward Island.

Among the rules and regulations that should be noted for the auditions:

· Competitors must be either a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada.

· All competitors must be legally eligible to work in Canada.

· Competitors must be of the age of majority in the province/territory in which they reside and no older than 30 years of age as of November 14, 2009. The age of majority is as follows: 18 years of age in Alberta, Manitoba, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, Quebec and Saskatchewan; and 19 years of age in British Columbia, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Northwest Territories, Nova Scotia, Nunavut and Yukon.

· All competitors must provide two pieces of identification, including a government-issued photo ID (e.g. driver’s license or passport), at the audition.

· Competitors may bring a non-competing dance partner for purposes of the audition.

· All competitors must bring with them, along with the proper ID, the signed personal release, the completed preliminary questionnaire, and the music sheet. All will be available at the audition site and for download at dance.ctv.ca.

· All competitors are asked to bring with them the completed music sheet indicating the music they will use in their audition, along with the CD containing the indicated music.

· All songs must be “original” songs that are commercially available. A song must not be a re-mix of a song, a song downloaded from the Internet, or a competitor-created mix.

· Competitors will not be permitted to audition in any article of clothing with a visible designer, sports or other logo; artwork; name; photo; or other mark which may be subject to protection by copyright or trademark laws

source:
http://www.halifaxnewsnet.ca/index.cfm? ... 862&sc=608" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
xilef
Immortel du Domaine

Re: SYTYCD CANADA - 3e saison

Message par xilef »

Get low for Genereux
CTV’s So You Think You Can Dance Canada will be in Halifax this weekend to audition for 2010 show
By ELISSA BARNARD Arts Reporter
Wed. Mar 3

NO ONE can accuse Jean Marc Genereux of lacking enthusiasm.

The So You Think You Can Dance Canada judge loves the Olympics, Halifax, Canada, dance and CTV’s dance competition.

"For so many years dancing was about being behind the singer or dancing with the actor," says the former ballroom dance champion, "and finally we have dancers who get the recognition, the name next to their faces. Now it’s 100 per cent about dancing and it’s a fantastic thing and I am so happy. I want the show to go on forever."

Genereux is entering his third season as a judge for the popular CTV show and $100,000 contest and is also choreographer for the original American show.

Auditions will be held in Halifax on Saturday and Genereux has fond memories of the city where he and his wife, France Mousseau, won their last Canadian championship. "Five days before the competition my father passed away. Not that I can compare, but I can understand how Joannie Rochette was feeling that night. The difference was my father was sick.

"Halifax will always have a special meaning to me. I think people in Halifax are also fantastic, they’re so genuine. When my father passed away they made it as easy as possible for me."

Genereux is a big hockey fan and an Olympics fan and got to carry the torch during the Olympic torch run.

On Sunday night, watching the Canada/U.S. gold medal game, an unusual thing happened to the chatty, emotional judge. "I stopped talking for 25 minutes when the Americans scored the goal and then Crosby! I can’t believe it. It’s a script from Hollywood. It’s just perfect.

"This reminded me of the final of So You Think You Can Dance and (at that point) we have nothing to do with it and it’s nerve-racking."

Genereux, who grew up in Quebec, began dancing at age 10 with his partner and now wife and within six years the pair had won every regional and state championship they entered.

In the early 1980s they began dancing the international style of ballroom dance and won multiple competitions and all the major championships in North America, participating in 10 world championships as the first representatives for Canada.

The two turned professional in 1987 and danced around the world, winning over 200 competitions, and then retired in 1998.

Genereux performed in the motion picture Dance With Me, featuring Vanessa L. Williams and Chayanne, and the film Shall We Dance, with Jennifer Lopez and Richard Gere, and recently choreographed the upcoming movie Funkytown, starring So You Think You Can Dance Canada Season 1 dancer Romina D’Ugo.

He still dances. "When you do choreography you gotta move a little. I like to keep my feet going."

Judged so much as a competitor himself, when it comes to judging other dancers, "I always do it with respect and I don’t find it difficult."

In his comments, he gives people tips on how to improve and is purposefully not negative. "I don’t want this to be a defeat; I want it to be an experience."

So You Think You Can Dance is open to all styles of dance. "This year Tara-Jean (Popowich) was more contemporary and the year before Nico (Archambault) was more jazz, hip hop, pop.

"We don’t look for any particular style or genre, though I want more ballroom dance! Sometimes ballroom dancers don’t feel confident with the competition because there are a lot of solos but the solos come so late in the process and I think ballroom dancers are always ready to dance with partners and know how to lead.

"We prepare you for all types of dance and situations. It’s an opportunity you can’t miss."

source:
http://thechronicleherald.ca/ArtsLife/1170298.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
xilef
Immortel du Domaine

Message par xilef »

SYTYCD Canada kicks off season Aug. 15

Citizen News Services July 28, 2010

winning series So You Think You Can Dance Canada dances its way back into homes at 9 p.m., Aug. 15 with the show's third season on CTV. As usual, the season kicks off with a week of shows featuring the auditions, this year starring guest judges Stacey Tookey, Mary Murphy, Mia Michaels and Dan Karaty. The performance shows featuring the top 20 dancers will begin airing at 9 p.m., Monday, Aug. 23, with the results show on the following night at 8:30 p.m. Beginning Sept. 22 and 23, the series will move to Wednesday night for the performances and Thursday night for the results. Encore episodes of the entire season will begin airing on MuchMusic on Aug. 21. A hit with young women, SYTYCD Canada consistently won its timeslot nationally. The second season finale on October 25, 2009, garnered an average audience of 1.8 million viewers, a series high, with 2.35 million viewers watching as Tara-Jean Popowich from Lethbridge, Alta., was crowned Canada's favourite dancer.

Read more: http://www.ottawacitizen.com/entertainm ... z0v1zz9VDy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

xilef
Immortel du Domaine

Message par xilef »

Nico Vs Tara-Jean

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atPFclAn1K4[/youtube]

From dance.ctv.ca: "The piece was choreographed by Nico and his wife Wynn Holmes, who were able to work with Tara-Jean in the studio to figure out what worked well. " and "Tara-Jean added that the concept for the shoot mirrors the journey that dancers go through on the show – beginning as a soloist then learning to dance with a partner. “The whole theme of it is we’re starting as warriors on our own and then we join forces and evolve together,” she said. "
Dernière modification par xilef le lun. août 02, 2010 11:50 pm, modifié 1 fois.
xilef
Immortel du Domaine

Message par xilef »

So You Think You Can Dance winners Nico Archambault and Tara-Jean Popowich prove they're not just a reality show wonder

Read more: http://www.nationalpost.com/Think+Dance ... z0wLSHc3VM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
xilef
Immortel du Domaine

Message par xilef »

SYTYCDC' ready to strut

By BILL HARRIS, QMI Agency

Last Updated: August 11, 2010 11:35am

Everyone on So You Think You Can Dance Canada is just so damn perky and excited.

If you’re a certain type of person, all that positive energy speaks to you. But if you’re a different type of person - say, yours truly - you really can’t take So You Think You Can Dance Canada for too long in one sitting.

Regardless, enough Canadians have taken to SYTYCDC to keep it among the highest-rated home-grown shows on television.

The third season - which features host Leah Miller, judges Jean Marc Genereux, Tré Armstrong, Luther Brown and Blake McGrath, and guest judges Mary Murphy, Stacey Tookey, Mia Michaels, Dan Karaty, Rex Harrington and Sean Cheesman - gets under way Sunday, Aug. 15 on CTV.

That kicks off a week and a half of dance mania as the reality-competition series basically takes over CTV.

The specifics:

* Sunday, Aug. 15 (two hours) - Toronto auditions.

* Monday, Aug. 16 (two hours) - Calgary and Halifax auditions.

* Tuesday, Aug. 17 (one hour) - Vancouver auditions.

* Wednesday, Aug. 18 (two hours) – Montreal auditions.

* Thursday, Aug. 19 (two hours) – Finals week.

You might need an abacus to follow the rest of this, but here goes:

* Sunday, Aug. 22 (one hour) – Top 20 revealed.

* Monday, Aug. 23 (two hours) – Top 20 performances.

* Tuesday, Aug. 24 (half hour) – Top 20 results.

* Then, after a month of the Monday-Tuesday pattern, the series will move to Wednesday performance episodes and Thursday results episodes, beginning Sept. 22-23.

Phew. Got that?

Basically what we’re saying is, if you tune into CTV at just about any point over the next couple of months, you’re more than likely to see intense young people dancing their butts off, and both judges and audience members squealing with glee.

You have to wonder if the love for So You Think You Can Dance Canada will last as long as the love did for CTV’s Canadian Idol, which existed for six seasons.

To be fair, Canadian Idol was dropped for a variety of reasons, from cost at the lowest point of the economic crisis, to talent fatigue. In terms of the latter, though, SYTYCDC might have more legs, pardon the pun.

At least in the public’s mind, the gauge of post-competition success is not the same for a dancer as it is for a singer. We don’t really expect the winners of SYTYCDC to make a big public splash after they win, but if a Canadian Idol winner didn’t achieve some measure of success, they were seen as failures and it reflected badly on the show, turning it into a punch line.

It’s undeniable, though, that more people identify with singing than dancing. So will the general public - in other words, those who are not specifically in the dance community - tire of a dance competition faster than they tired of a singing competition?

For now, though, that’s not an issue. The perkiness and excitement of So You Think You Can Dance Canada continues.

source:
http://www.torontosun.com/entertainment ... 89036.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dernière modification par xilef le mer. août 11, 2010 8:01 pm, modifié 1 fois.
edna
Manitou de la Parlotte

Message par edna »

Y'a-t-y qqun d'autre qui a écouté les auditions hier?

J'ai écouté mais y'a vraiment pas grand monde qui m'a impressionné à date... et après la chorégraphie de Blake, quasiment tout le monde à eu son billet pour la finale..c'était presque une joke.

J'espère qu'on verra plus de talent dans les autres villes.
[img]http://www.hallmark.com/wcsstore/HallmarkStore/images/HYY/Downloads/Banners/banner_02.gif[/img]
ankesena
Nouveau Né du Forum

Message par ankesena »

J'ai trouvé que certains danseurs/danseuses avaient été choisies sans être bien impressionnants, mais ils se sont faits caler à la choréographie...une chance! J'espère que la saison va être intéressante, parce que celle qui vient de finir aux États-Unis était tout simplement époustoufflante!
NightFall
Immortel du Domaine

Message par NightFall »

oui les 2 jours je les ai écoutés pis je suis comme surprise aussi que bcp bcp de monde dans les auditions ont été pris après la choré!On verra bien!
[img]http://lb3f.lilypie.com/TikiPic.php/FNgv.jpg[/img][img]http://lb3f.lilypie.com/FNgvm4.png[/img]
[img]http://lb1f.lilypie.com/TikiPic.php/Ly2uQ0Q.jpg[/img][img]http://lb1f.lilypie.com/Ly2um5.png[/img]
Répondre

Revenir à « SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE »