SYTYCD CANADA - début le 20 juin

Venez discuter ici des participants ainsi que tout ce qui entoure cette émission!
willdoo
Immortel du Domaine

SYTYCD CANADA - début le 20 juin

Message par willdoo »

Season 3 dancers sparkle in Mia Michaels' SYTYCDC Season 4 promo
Date: Thu. Jun. 2 2011 9:04 AM ET

Lindsay Zier-Vogel, CTV.ca

Emerging from disco ball-covered wall, a mirrored dancer bursts into movement, followed by four dancers who explode on screen, tattooed and powerful as ever.

The Season 4 television promo for So You Think You Can Dance Canada, now airing on CTV, is sharp and electric – just the way Emmy Award-winning choreographer Mia Michaels wanted it.

"The commercial is a reflection of the show, mimicking the struggle, the fight and the warrior that each competitor has inside of them," says Amanda Cleghorn, who is featured in the promo, along with fellow Season 3 dancers Nathalie Heath, Jeff Mortensen and Jonathan Arsenault.

Ask any SYTYCDC alumni and they'll tell you that transformation is inevitable. Director Cosimo Zitani used this concept of change and had the dancers start out with the illusion of being naked, representing their raw talent and transformed them into ‘complete' dancers with hair, makeup and wardrobe.

"We had so many different looks and the hair, make-up, and wardrobe teams were incredibly talented and fast at making us transform throughout the piece," Nathalie gushes.

SYTYCDC's Lee Kinoshita-Bevington designed the costumes, including the disco-ball outfit that begins the promo and the body stockings that added extra tattoos to the dancers' bodies. Heading up the hair and make-up team were Christopher Archer and Raquel Atienza.

"I was a little apprehensive about wearing such a little amount of clothes but I got use to it really fast!" says Jonathan. "And then it was like second nature to just be walking around almost in my birthday suit!"

Though the development of the dancers in the promo is seamless, Jeff reveals the process took a while: "The most challenging thing about the process was the start-and-stop method of filming it. It was literally two seconds of movement, cut, apply the tattoo, shoot, two seconds of movement, cut, apply the tattoo..."

Skype-versations and eventual triumph

Season 3's Hani Abaza worked as Mia's choreographic assistant and played a pivotal role in the creation of the promo. "She was only able to come for two days to set and create it and then she left it with me to clean rehearse and shoot it for four more days," he says.

She did he adds, "pop in via Skype to ensure the evolution and integrity of the movement was kept."

"Assisting Mia is one of the most challenging jobs I have done," says Hani. "She constantly tests me and pushes me to achieve perfection. She has given me opportunities I have only dreamed of and teaches me so many lessons creatively and on a human level."

The promo reflects a struggle and eventual triumph and Nathalie reveals her own internal struggle during the creative process: "I had to get over feeling self conscious in the rehearsal process with Mia," she admits. "I wanted to do everything ‘right,' but that feeling has gotten me into trouble before.

"I'm continuously working on my confidence in life and in dance and I'm learning to trust my talent and remind myself why I do what I do."

Coming full circle

Nathalie was thrilled to have the opportunity to work with her fellow dancers again. "We had to really support each other that week. We had solo improv sections that can be daunting to do in front of your peers, but we know each other so well we were able to encourage each other instead of feeling judged by one another," she says.

Jonathan agrees: "We all just dug in and threw ourselves at the camera."

"It brings everything back full circle and reminds me of how much the show has done for me," Amanda reflects. "Since the concept is so relatable, it made me remember how life-changing Season 3 was for me."

Though they each have different highlights from the shoot, the dancers all agree they're excited for Season 4.

"This experience will be something that binds the (Season 4) dancers together for the rest of their lives. No one else gets to experience what they will go through as a group and as a family," says Jeff.

"I feel so grateful to have been a part of passing the torch to the new season and being able to do one last dance for the show," adds Nathalie. "I will never forget this."

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/s ... 10&no_ads=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Pièces jointes
600_promo_20110530.jpg
Allo
willdoo
Immortel du Domaine

Re: SYTYCD CANADA - début le 20 juin

Message par willdoo »

Ca commence Lundi !!! :gren: :loupgarou:

Nico takes a seat behind the judges' desk and more Season 4 details announced

Canada's favourite dance show is back for another toe tapping season as the Gemini Award-winning series So You Think You Can Dance Canada returns with its highly anticipated fourth season on Monday, June 20 at 8 p.m. ET on CTV, with encore episodes airing on MuchMusic beginning Friday, June 24 at 7 p.m. ET.

Along with the new season, comes a new but familiar face behind the judges' desk. After stealing the hearts of Canadian viewers in Season 1, and sharing his artistic talents as a choreographer in Seasons 2 and 3, Canada's Favourite Dancer Nico Archambault joins the judging panel for a special appearance during finals week, making So You Think You Can Dance Canada franchise history as the first time a former winner returns to the show as a judge.

Canadians can dance to the beat all summer long as the smash hit competition series kicks things off with a two-hour premiere of the Toronto auditions. The next week the auditions head to Vancouver, Edmonton and Saint John, New Brunswick, for another two-hour episode Monday, June 27 at 8 p.m. ET, followed by the Montreal auditions airing Tuesday, June 28 at 8 p.m. ET.

Then the highs and lows of Finals Week air Monday, July 4, and the Top 20 reveal on Tuesday, July 5.

The summer of dance continues as the series steams up Monday and Tuesday nights at 8 p.m. ET on CTV.

"So You Think You Can Dance Canada has been discovering exceptional Canadian talent since Season 1," said Phil King, President CTV Programming & Sports. "As the series heads into its fourth season, it continues its tradition of building stars and blazing trails within the dance scene around the world."

"This series has become culturally significant not only because it has brought dance into the hearts, minds and homes of Canadians, but also because it has provided a platform for the competitors to build and maintain successful careers, which was almost unheard of for dancers before this show," said Sandra Faire, Executive Producer of So You Think You Can Dance Canada.

"We're now seeing a new generation of dancers training specifically to be part of the show because they recognize it's a launching pad for a thriving career."

Canada's most talented dancers stepped up to compete for a spot in the coveted Season 4 Top 20, and the audition episode broadcast schedule unfolds as follows (all times ET; times and dates subject to change; visit CTV.ca to confirm local broadcast times):

Monday, June 20 at 8 p.m. ET (two hour premiere) – Toronto Auditions
Monday, June 27 at 8 p.m. ET (two hours) – Vancouver, Edmonton and Saint John, NB Auditions
Tuesday, June 28 at 8 p.m. ET (one hour) – Montreal Auditions
Monday, July 4 at 8 p.m. ET (two hours) – Finals Week
Tuesday, July 5 at 8 p.m. ET (one hour) – Top 20 Reveal
Monday, July 11 at 8 p.m. ET (two hours) – First Performance show of the season, Top 20
Tuesday, July 12 at 8 p.m. ET (half hour) – First Results show of the season, Top 20

What will be in store for Canada's new favourite dancer? Check out what the series' three winners have been up to below, as they make an impression at home and around the world.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/s ... 10&no_ads=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dernière modification par willdoo le mer. juin 15, 2011 5:14 pm, modifié 1 fois.
Allo
Répondre

Revenir à « SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE »