SYTYCD Saison 7! Première du 27 Mai !

Venez discuter ici des participants ainsi que tout ce qui entoure cette émission!
xilef
Immortel du Domaine

Re: SYTYCD Saison 7! Première du 27 Mai !

Message par xilef »

le deuxième jour à Miami a semblé éprouvant....
xilef
Immortel du Domaine

Message par xilef »

So you think you can dance cochonne!!
xilef
Immortel du Domaine

Message par xilef »

bieurk Neptune... sorry
xilef
Immortel du Domaine

Message par xilef »

je pensais avoir vu le pire... mais là je sais pas comment qualifier cela...
xilef
Immortel du Domaine

Message par xilef »

Bravo Jose
xilef
Immortel du Domaine

Message par xilef »

à la semaine prochaine
Ninty
Seigneur de la Causerie

Message par Ninty »

edna a écrit : Y'a un danseur de la dernière saison qui avait fait le top mais qui avait du se retirer pour cause de maladie, il s'appelait Billy qqchose je pense...est-ce que qqun sait si il va revenir essayer cette saison?
Billy Bell?
Selon les spoilers, il fait top 24, selon moi il risque fortement de faire le top 10.
Dernière modification par Ninty le ven. mai 28, 2010 8:30 pm, modifié 1 fois.
xilef
Immortel du Domaine

Message par xilef »

So You Think You Can Dance Review: NYC & Miami Auditions

May 30, 2010 by Inisia Lewis

Summer is once again here, signaled by the premiere of So You Think You Can Dance season seven. It’s that time of the year where we can celebrate beauty, storytelling, form, art, expression, growth, passion and discovery. SYTYCD can be popcorn fun, but it’s also a show that makes me think, makes me cry or send me down memory lane. I really do love it, if you couldn’t tell, and I’m super excited for another season, especially after the failure that was SYTYCD Fall 2009.

Things will be a little different this year with only half of our usual contestants making it to the big stage. Instead of 20, 10 contestants will make it to the finals. Those 10 finalists will then be paired with 10 past alums, who have no stake in the competition besides exposure and a nice payday. SYTYCD has never shied away from shakeups. Hey, Mia Michaels was out, and now she’s back as a judge! So it’s not surprising to see them take a new direction. However, I still haven’t made up my mind how I feel about it. I’m happy to welcome my favorites back to the stage, however, I can’t help but believe that their return will steal some thunder from the nubile dancers we hope to discover and watch grow. These returnees will also have some part in skewing votes. There’s a lot to think about, but auditions are barely underway so let’s get back to the dancing. First up is New York, where Mia and Adam Shankman join Nigel Lythgoe, followed by Miami with Jason Gilkison and Sonya Tayeh.

VEGAS RED-EYE
Sarah Brinson, 22, a Charlize Theron look-alike and a full figured dancer who used to be ashamed of her body and now rocks each and every inch of it. She has beautiful musicality, form and strength, though she could probably work on her arms and hands to make them appear more graceful. Giselle Peacock, 28, and Henry Byalikov, 24, must have gotten a call from Mary Murphy, another shakeup since the judge will be leaving the panel and doing some choreography. Both come from Burn the Floor which might count against them. You know we like our undiscovered dancers. However, they were so hot, sexy and flawless, how can you not root for them?

Teddy Tedholm, 18, returns after not making it through the Vegas rounds last year. Nigel couldn’t help but recall his disappointment after seeing him fall short, but his talent is undeniable. You either love it or hate it, and if you don’t process interpretive dance, then you’ll really hate it. Mia said, “You remind me of the unpopular kid, the one that was always laughed at or made fun of. To me that’s what you represent.” It might seem like a backhanded compliment, but it’s true. For someone so young, he channels his emotions and pain into a whimsical expression of movement. And I think it’s beautiful.

Michael Petr, 30, has come from far and away, inspired at 11 years old by Patrick Swayze and Dirty Dancing. Ballroom is the hardest for me to critique, but Jason thought he was delicate with his feet while managing to be a strong partner which he said was very hard.

Tyrell Rolle, 24, can make his father cry which makes me cry. He has a desire to get out of the hood and do something beautiful with his life, and I felt that desire with every turn and lift. The judges didn’t need to see him dance for long. He was one tall glass of chocolate milk, especially only training for seven years.

Henry Rivera, 19, was dubbed the best dancer in Miami. Yet! He was powerful and masculine, definitely not the impression I got from his interview. Right there, you know he can perform. He had gorgeous lines and, as Sonya pointed out, meaningful movement.

FLASH IN THE PAN
There are always some I wish we could see more from. There’s Briana De Flaco, 20, a gorgeous ballerina, Daniel Baker, 21, a “powerhouse of perfection,” Anthony Burrell, 29, a muscular and majestic contemporary dancer. Megan Davis, 24, another beautiful contemporary dancer. All were sent straight to Vegas, though we didn’t really get to see very much of why.

CHOREOWORTHY
Courtney Galiano, season four, and Jason Glover, season five, were back to teach choreography but we only got to see them for about 10 seconds in total.

Wadi Jones, 23, loves street running and the freedom it allows him. I don’t think he’s the best dancer or B-boy, but parkour has definitely prepared him to be light on his feet and do amazing flips. His major problem is that he can’t give performance face, and he doesn’t make it past choreography.

Edward Spots, 20, spent some time with us last year, but didn’t make it, though he did get a professional fellowship with Alvin Ailey. His father never supported his dream until he saw his talent on the TV screen, and now all that has changed. The judges noted how much he’s grown and matured, and he definitely has the body, look and determination for the show and for a fruitful dance career. I was shocked to see him put into choreography but not surprised to see him sail through.

Megan Carter, 18, is a large girl who can dance beautifully. I was a little put off by how surprised the judges acted. How long have you been in the business, guys?! Is this the first big girl you’ve seen dance!?! Adam said, “You just blew every single stereotype so far out of the water…I think I hold stereotypes sometimes too. And I’m so happy you just schooled me. You just schooled everyone out there.” Mia cried because it recalled her memories of not being able to get jobs because of her size, and Nigel pointed out that’s the reason she turned to choreography. Not exactly hopeful information, especially since she struggles in choreography and doesn’t make it any further.

Ami Aguiar-Riley, 27, was called a static dancer by Nigel, which I thought was funny given the very static song choice in “District Sleeps Alone Tonight” by Postal Service. Ami is a mother who has decided to dance for herself instead of for other people. She was powerful and aggressive, though not the most engaging dancer I’ve ever seen. She fared much better when given choreography so I’m happy to see her in Vegas.

Jose Ruiz, 21, brought the B-Boy fire, claiming he could smash last season’s Legacy in a battle anytime. (They happen to share Miami as a hometown.) From what I saw from him, that’s highly possible, though I think Legacy has him on energy and performance. And those bellymills, windmills on your stomach, were ridiculous. He didn’t seem to impress them as much as they’d expected during choreography, but he still got that ticket.

CURTAIN CALL
So surprise, surprise! Very few bad dancers were exploited this week, so I was happy to do exactly the same. If New York and Miami, to an extent, are any indication of how great the talent will be this year, then whittling our numbers down to 10 will be extremely hard.

source:
http://poptimal.com/2010/05/so-you-thin ... auditions/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
xilef
Immortel du Domaine

Message par xilef »

So You Think You Can Dance Season 7 Episode 1 part 3/11

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ngegi6lmy8[/youtube]
xilef
Immortel du Domaine

Message par xilef »

So You Think You Can Dance Season 7 Episode 1 part 6/11

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnv30VRhzNg[/youtube]
Répondre

Revenir à « SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE »