SYTYCD Season 8....Grande première ce soir !!!20h!

Venez discuter ici des participants ainsi que tout ce qui entoure cette émission!
xilef
Immortel du Domaine

Re: SYTYCD Season 8....Grande première ce soir !!!20h!

Message par xilef »

y a du talent dans ce que je viens de voir... ouf!
xilef
Immortel du Domaine

Message par xilef »

So You Think You Can Dance Review: Zeus Would Be Proud

May 27, 2011 by Inisia Lewis

American Idol has crowned its 2011 winner, Scotty McCreery, the teen country crooner who had the entire competition in the bag from week two. But FOX wastes no time when it comes to reality TV. Summertime is here, and it’s all about dance. So let’s get to it: the search is on for the Top 20 best dancers in America. This is So You Think You Can Dance.

SYTYCD happens to be, in my opinion, one of the best reality shows on network television. It rivals the likes of Project Runway and Top Chef. For one, the audition process, unlike Idol, isn’t equally about the bad and the good. Each week, it’s almost exclusively, give or take a performance or two, about the fantastic dancers. More importantly, this show is about pushing yourself, growing as a dancer and performer, and learning new things; something this season of Idol clearly could care less about. Scotty won as the same artist he was when he entered the competition, minus a few exaggerated low notes.

If you’re a newbie, welcome! The audition process is a simple one. If you’re bad, you’re cut immediately. If the judges are on the fence, contestants go to a choreography round, where they learn a style, most likely not in their comfort zone, and also have to prove they can partner with another dancer. And, of course, if the dancer is fantastic, they get a ticket straight to Las Vegas, where over a hundred dancers will be whittled down to a mere 20 contestants.

This week’s auditions kicked off in Atlanta with Nigel Lythgoe, Lil’ C and Mary Murphy, who returned after a season-long hiatus, bringing that hot tamale train along with her. Then the focus shifted to the beautiful San Francisco, where Toni Redpath and Tyce Dioro joined Nigel for a second round of critiquing. Here’s some of the best talent of the night to look out for come the Vegas rounds.

Bianca Hinklerian, 18 – Columbian Salsa – Atlanta – Speedy Gonzalez couldn’t have moved his feet faster than this one and her partner. Mary dubbed it technically fantastic, and with all the tricks thrown in there, lifts and flips, they still managed to keep on time and with the rhythm of the music. She stops by the choreography round before heading to Vegas.

Melanie Moore, 19 – Contemporary – Atlanta – Melanie splits her passion between oil painting and dance, and I am extremely envious of people who are so multi-talented. She dances just as well as she paints, and that’s beautifully. Her neck bothered me a little; sometimes it looked a little Munster-like, but she had a great emotional connection and was incredibly flexible. I christen her Gumby Girl, and she was the first to really overwhelm the judges, and also the first to get a ticket straight to Vegas.

Deon Lewsa Jr. and Damon Bellmon, 18 and 19 – Hip-Hop – Atlanta – These bosom buddies were bred for entertainment. Their dual audition played up their humor, while showing they can embody characters and work together. They even showed some varying styles while they poked fun at themselves, and that goes a long way on SYTYCD. But I didn’t see enough dancing to warrant a ticket straight to Vegas. Apparently, a record broke for most consecutive dancers, 10 in a row, sent straight to Sin City.

Marko Germar, 22 – Contemporary – Atlanta – After being robbed at gunpoint and shot, Marko would rather keep a bullet in his arm than risk surgery which could affect his movement. Right there, you know he’s strong, and a bunch of backflips and strong musicality just back that assessment up. He’s sent to choreography before getting a ticket, which seemed a little out of the blue, but after watching his audition a second time, I think he will have to be lighter on his feet to go the distance. I could hear clod after clod every time he flipped and landed on the ground during his number.

Kimalee Piedad, 27 – Latin Ballroom – Atlanta – Kimalee danced a circus-like ballroom routine, where she twisted herself around and under and over her partner. The number felt jerky to me, but I’m sure that’s because of all the difficult moves and non-stop transitioning. She still managed to appear elegant and controlled, though, and received another ticket straight to Vegas.

Amber Williams, 18 – Jazz-Contemporary – San Francisco – Amber was the first of the night to make me believe immediately that she has the technique, power and personality to make the Top 20. Tony called her “white girl freaky with ghetto funk.” She’s quirky, sassy and full of energy, and woke the judges and me right up.

Danielle Ihle, 16 – Contemporary – San Francisco – Danielle certainly had the moves, but what she lacked was an inner spark to light the audience on fire or any kind of story-telling in her performances. Florence and the Machine can only dredge up so much emotion for you, Danielle. In choreography, she allows herself to smile and appear a little more carefree and is finally sent to Vegas.

Ashley Rich, 22 – Contemporary/Ashley style – San Francisco – I didn’t think there was anything particularly amazing about her technique. Her lines could have been straighter and her extension longer, but she exuded a comforting, warm feeling and an effortless ease in her movement. Tyce said that she “moved like this deer just flying and jumping through the forest.” And off to Vegas she flew.

Jeffery McCann, 22 – B-boy – San Francisco – Jeffery went old school on us. He can spin and freeze, he’s got fast, controlled footwork; he eases from the top rock to floor work; he’s strong, good-looking, and entertaining to watch from the face, all the way down to his feet. I hope he can do other dance styles because he was the most exciting hip-hopper of the night, and the first one, in my opinion, who deserved to go directly to Sin City.

Ryan Ramirez, Age 18 – Contemporary – San Francisco – Ryan found herself more as a dancer since being cut just prior to the Top 20 last season. I remember her pretty clearly, especially that long, curly hair and huge smile, and I did see improvement, especially in her connection to the audience, as well as her technique and confidence. She’s another that I believe has the Top 20 in the bag this year. No choreography needed for this one.

Lily Nguyen, 23, – Contemporary – San Francisco – Lily had very little time on screen but those five seconds shot her above most of the contestant I’d seen all night. One second she was a beautiful contemporary dancer, and the next she was this cool as hell b-girl. This is why I love SYTYCD. Tyce noted, she’s “bringing something new and fresh.” Off to Vegas!

ALMOST FAMOUS

Kyre Batiste, 18 – Hip-Hop – Atlanta – Grandma got more screen time than Kyre. Nigel even invited her to sit next to him and judge her grandson, who she didn’t even give a glowing review. The one person who did love Kyre, Lil’ C, was threatened with a belt beating just because he disagreed with her criticism. He couldn’t cut it in the choreography round.

Timothy Joseph, 21 – B-boy – San Francisco – In his opening package, I counted 15 different flips, and during his own audition, he backflipped and landed on one leg. Clearly, this guy could be a ridiculous stunt man. Nigel smartly pointed out how non-stop his routine was; the guy didn’t even throw in one toprock. Once he hit the choreography round, though, he mysteriously had “tweeked his knee” and bowed out early. He wouldn’t have made it anyways.

Levi “I Dummy” Allen, 19 – Turfing – San Francisco – A lot of time was spent focusing on turfing. The key components include swagger, feetwork (glides), pantomiming and story-telling. Levi did almost all of those things, except he forgot the story-telling aspect of his face. Nigel couldn’t have done without that contortionism, never the hugest fan because it clearly freaks him out. His gliding was ridiculous, but after choreography, the judges saw that he just couldn’t pick up a different style fast enough. Maybe next year.

YER SO BAD

John “White Chocolate” Palermo didn’t know what a surname was and also didn’t know how to dance. Okay, that’s a little tough because he had some rhythm but that rhythm was all over the place and in the wrong places. Lil’ C looked ready to punch him about five seconds into his routine. At least he got hugs from the judges.

Nigel noted that there’s never been a stripper, like Ieshia Moss, on the show, and it’s because booty popping just doesn’t go very far in this kind of competition. She was truly in a league of her own, but her spirit was infectious to the judges. I just couldn’t get past the majority of the time she spent not just popping but looking at her booty or that missing front tooth.

I could not have prepared myself for D’on-que Addison’s outburst. Yes, after he broke down in tears during his interview with Cat, I should have guessed, but c’mon! Does anyone think that even the most emotional person will lie on the floor for two minutes, after a performance in front of three very important people and over a hundred other dancers, and just cry and scream and cry and scream. The whole “performance” was utterly ridiculous; it just couldn’t have been real! I refuse to believe that anyone’s that much of a drama queen. He pretty much just flailed about the stage, fake screaming and crying. He’s just the boy who cried wolf.

Best Judges’ Compliment of the Night – “I think that Zeus himself would invite you to come and dance on Olympus, like that was phenomenal. I can’t even clap. Clapping would do it no justice.” – Lil’ C to Melanie Moore

Do you think there were any frontrunners in the first episode? Are you prepared for another season of innovative choreography, beautiful dancers and inspiring routines? And how happy are you to welcome Mary back into the fold? Until the next audition in the next city!

source:
http://poptimal.com/2011/05/so-you-thin ... -be-proud/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
xilef
Immortel du Domaine

Message par xilef »

Les Twins choreography being ripped off on 'SYTYCD'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... lyQc#at=19" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dernière modification par xilef le dim. mai 29, 2011 12:13 am, modifié 2 fois.
Répondre

Revenir à « SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE »