SYTYCD Canada 2, mardi 11 aout 20h.

Venez discuter ici des participants ainsi que tout ce qui entoure cette émission!
edna
Manitou de la Parlotte

Re: SYTYCD Canada 2, mardi 11 aout 20h.

Message par edna »

Bon, ben à demain quand même!
[img]http://www.hallmark.com/wcsstore/HallmarkStore/images/HYY/Downloads/Banners/banner_02.gif[/img]
willdoo
Immortel du Domaine

Message par willdoo »

:hello: ok
Allo
xilef
Immortel du Domaine

Message par xilef »

Toronto dancers kick off the 'SYTYCDC' auditions

Wed. Aug. 12 2009

Lindsay Zier-Vogel, CTV.ca

With the memory of Nico Archambault, Canada's first Favourite Dancer, perched on the shoulders of his fellow dancers, amid gold confetti now behind us, the nation's dancers came out to audition for the second season of So You Think You Can Dance Canada.

The competition is fierce as dancers strive for a place in the Top 20, where the winner will receive $100,000. Both the winner and runner-up will drive away with a new 2010 Mazda 3 Sport.

When the audition tour arrived in Toronto, judges Jean Marc Genereux, Tré Armstrong, Luther Brown and Mary Murphy were ready to dish difficult truths, and witness tears, heartache and pure elation.

Last year, eight of the Top 20 dancers were found in Toronto and expectations were high.

For the uninitiated, the audition process on SYTYCDC is simple: Each dancer is assigned a number and given time to warm up. They then have just 60 seconds to impress the judges with their solos. If they're fabulous, they receive a Boarding Pass straight to the Finals. If they're not, they're sent home.

If the judges aren't sure, the dancers are sent to Choreography with Blake McGrath to prove they can pick up the challenging routine. If they can make it through 'Blake Boot Camp,' they still have a chance at making the Top 20.

Before the dancers hit the stage, Season 1's Top 4 dancer Natalli Reznik stopped by to share her thoughts with Season 2 hopefuls: "Dancer means you have to do everything and you have to learn and grow. Don't put yourself in a box," she offered.

Solos: Day One

Where there are a lot of familiar faces in the crowd, the first dancer on stage is extremely memorable. Not only did he get Mary screaming at last year's Vancouver audition, he's also a world-class figure skater.

Last year, the judges thought Vancouver's Emanuel Sandhu, 28, relied too heavily on tricks and his negative attitude ruined his chance at making Top 20, but this year, the judges loved his Latin-themed solo.

Not only did he get the first Mary scream of the day, he also received the very first Boarding Pass!

East Coast krumper Natalie Lyons, 23, took to the stage next pumping out her hard-hitting moves in gold sneakers, but her moves were only 'bucc' enough to get her to Choreography.

Dressed in a sassy black dress, Toronto's Yana Gorojanova, 18, was the first Latin dancer of the day, performing with a non-competing partner. Gorojanova impressed the judges with passionate lifts and natural stage presence. "You're all fire and all spice," Mary said before the judges handed her a ticket to the Finals.

Next up was 18-year-old contemporary dancer Melanie Mah from Richmond Hill, Ont. She was nervous chatting with host Leah Miller, but her musicality wowed Jean Marc and she left the stage to get ready for Blake Boot Camp.

Toronto b-boy Paul Kus, 22, jumped on stage with a tough, dynamic solo that got the judges dancing in their seats. "You demand attention," Jean Marc noted. "You killed it," Luther added and Kus was given a ticket straight to the Finals.

Hip-hopper Tatiana Parker, 20, almost made it to last year's Top 20. "I was really upset," this Torontonian admitted. "I felt like it was the end of the world when I didn't get it." This year, she said she feels much more equipped to handle any potential rejection and planned on trying her hardest.

The judges loved her confidence and energy and off she went to Choreography.

The next batch of dancers weren't so lucky and the judges had to get harsh. After some wild antics and graceless mishaps, Melanie Buttarazzi, 22, and fellow Torontonian Jesse Valvasori, 22, filled the stage with a spicy cha cha number.

Buttarazzi auditioned last year with a sassy salsa solo and the judges were happy to see her again. The judges wanted to see a bit more dynamism from Valvasori and asked both dancers to get more grounded, but they were both off to the Finals.

Against the Toronto skyline, Vicky Luo, 22, gave viewers a taste of her traditional Mongolian dance, then showed the judges her unique solo.

With intricate, waving arms, Luo spun on stage with a bowl atop her head. "It looks like she's floating," Luther said in awe. The judges had never seen anything like this before and a very excited Luo was off to the Finals.

Next up, Brook Jones, 22, from Brantford, Ont., performed his lyrical hip-hop in a striped hoodie and grey toque. The judges liked his musicality, but Tré wanted to see more from him. "Push yourself," she suggested. "Give us a different face," Luther said next and they sent him off to Choreography.

B-boy Noel "Stuntz" Wosu, 28, from Ajax, Ont., got the crowd pumped with crazy head spins and intense flips. Luther called out a few "sloppy situations," but his power and energy garnered him a Boarding Pass "That's what I'm talking about," Wosu laughed.

Breakers, poppers, contemporary and ballroom dancers were sent on, while others left the stage disappointed.

Blake Boot Camp: Day One

Long after midnight, dancers joined Blake McGrath on stage to learn his intense choreography. It was incredibly complex movement and Blake played drill sergeant. "Pull it together," he told the girls, unimpressed.

While one dancer gave up before even learning the piece, lyrical hip-hopper Brook Jones, krumper Natalie Lyons and petite powerhouse Melanie Mah, along with other exceptional dancers were all off to the Finals.

Solos: Day Two

Toronto's Frank Lariviere, 28, kicked off the second day of the Toronto auditions wearing a Canadian flag as a cape and a poppy pinned to his shirt.

"I love Canada," said Lariviere, who likes to go by 'Captain Canada.' His dance moves paled in comparison to his patriotism, but he got the judges laughing.

"I've watched every single episode," he told the judges before stepping off the SYTYCDC stage for good.

Next up, Jenna Lynn Higgins, 18, from Ajax, Ont., redeemed the talent in the competition. "She's sick," Luther said of her high flying contemporary routine. She picked up a Boarding Pass from the judges before calling it a day.

Contemporary dancer Jonathan Arsenault, 25, from Kitchener, Ont., started his routine with an enormous side split leap. His passion permeated the stage and his technique was extremely strong. "You have creativity through your movement and you don't pretend," Jean Marc said, impressed.

"I have a malformed blood vessel in my frontal lobe (of my brain)," Arsenault explained to the judges. This condition causes migraines and occasional seizures but surgery would leave him unable to dance. "I want to dance for as long as I can. I want to live in the moment," he said, fighting tears, and Jean Marc handed him a ticket.

Toronto's Christian Ancheta, 21, got the judges laughing as he whipped off his pants to reveal a one-piece unitard for his wild b-boy routine. "Talk about shock factor, bro," Luther laughed. "I definitely didn't expect the reveal!"

His energy and performance quality made up for any technical misgivings and Ancheta headed to Choreography.

Leah had a tap lesson with 25-year-old Everett Smith from Glen Morris, Ont. Smith auditioned last year and almost made it into the Top 20, but this year, he took to the stage in his tap shoes and wowed the judges with his explosive performance.

"I think you're a star," Mary said to huge applause and Smith tapped off the stage to pick up his Boarding Pass.

Toronto flamenco dancer Anjelica Scannura, 19, heated up the stage next as mid-way through her solo, she took off both her shoes and skirt, and switched from flamenco to Irish dancing and hip-hop.

The judges wished she had stuck with one style, but they put her through to Choreography.

Dressed yet again in a Zorro-inspired outfit, Toronto's Marcel Matrinik, 30, returned this year to showcase his self taught moves and though his heart was in the right place, his shimmying wasn't quite up to SYTYCDC standards.

Toronto dancer Austin Di Iulio, 19, has returned to audition again this year, this time with a new hair cut. "I know I'm better than what I showed last year," the Toronto dancer said, adding that he's back for redemption.

His contemporary solo was quirky and full of impressive jumps and countless consecutive pirouettes that blew the judges' minds.

"You are the transformer," Jean Marc said, beaming. "Last year he came to play, this year he came to work." And Di Iulio was off to the Finals.

After a stretch of 'yeses', the judges were running low on Boarding Passes, but still had enough for the dancers who lasted through Blake's rigorous Boot Camp.

Blake's Boot Camp: Day Two

After an extremely long and exhausting day, the dancers learned Blake's choreography. "I met the devil," one dancer said after not making it. "I just went to hell and back."

Unitard-sporting Christian Ancheta also didn't score a Boarding Pass, though he planned on returning next year, but Flamenco dancer Anjelica Scannura was thrilled to be off to the Finals.

Disappointed dancers let the tears flow, but happy dances replaced the tears and grateful dancers cheered and danced down the sidewalk, Boarding Passes in hand.

Stay tuned

The audition tour hits the east and west coasts on Wednesday August 12th.

source:
http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/s ... 08&no_ads=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
xilef
Immortel du Domaine

Message par xilef »

chaine vidéos sur youtube

http://www.youtube.com/user/SYTYCDCanada02" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Répondre

Revenir à « SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE »