the Winner Theo Tams

Venez discuter de tout ce qui touche l'émission Canadian Idol!
bizou37
Seigneur de la Causerie

Message par bizou37 »

Citation :
Theo Tams will 'Sing' as the next Canadian Idol!
Updated Wed. Sep. 10 2008 11:48 PM ET

Sheri Block, CTV.ca

Theo Tams will now 'Sing' his song as the next Canadian Idol.

The 23-year-old music student from Lethbridge, Alta., was crowned the winner on Wednesday night's star-studded finale, beating out Mitch MacDonald, a 22-year-old carpenter and musician from Port Hood, N.S., after four million votes were cast.

Following an evening of performances by Mariah Carey, John Legend, Hedley, Jully Black and last year's champ Brian Melo, it was time to announce the results for the last time.

"After Canada voted more than 33 million times this season ... the next Canadian Idol is Theo Tams!" said host Ben Mulroney.

Tams put his hands to his face in shock before hugging MacDonald.

As red and white confetti fell from the ceiling, Mulroney asked Tams what he wanted to say.

"First of all I just want to say thanks to Mitch. He's a great guy, he's become a great friend and I'm going to be first in line to buy his record. Thanks so much," said Tams, before breaking down in tears.

Tams closed out the show with his brand new single 'Sing,' which will be released to radio stations immediately and available for download Thursday morning.

Immediately following his win, Tams signed a recording contract with Sony BMG Music Canada.

"I just feel so blessed. I just feel lucky. I just feel like one of the first times in my life that I'm just finally where I know I should be," Tams told idol.CTV.ca shortly after his win. "It's such a great, great feeling. I'm just so happy I was able to do it the whole entire season by being myself and I didn't have to change anything and I was still able to make it this far. I'm ecstatic. I can't believe it at all."

Tams said finding out he won was the biggest rush of emotion he ever felt and he actually didn't think it was going to be him.

"I just felt so proud and even more proud to be standing up there with Mitch ... and all I wanted was my Mom," he said with a laugh. "I was like, 'Mom! Get up here!"

Runner-up MacDonald had nothing but good things to say about the new Canadian Idol.

"I'm just so, so happy for Theo. Theo has worked so hard for this and every time he's just bang on. He's got massive vocals and he just really deserves to win this," said MacDonald.

Tams captivated the judges and public alike early on in the competition. After singing "Angel" during his first performance in the Top 200 Zack Werner told him to take a seat and told everyone else in the auditorium that he was their competition.

The judges continued to praise him throughout the show for his beautiful voice, sense of self and artistry on the piano.

"Without question you're the most well-rounded performer we've ever had on the show in terms of your musicianship and your understanding of how to interpret a song and you deliver it with such comfort man. I don't know if anybody told you but you're a really good singer," judge Farley Flex had said earlier in the summer.

Zack Werner told Tams he was the best male vocalist to ever have appeared on Canadian Idol after his performance of "I Wanna Know What Love is" Monday night.

The announcement of the new Canadian Idol wraps up the show's highly successful sixth season that saw many format changes and innovations, including a Top 24 with an uneven gender split for the first time in the show's history. It was also the first year to have only two girls in the Top 10 and an all male Top 5.

Tams' win marks the third Idol winner from Alberta, following in the footsteps of Kalan Porter from Medicine Hat in Season 2 and Melissa O'Neil from Calgary in Season 3.

Earlier in the evening, the show kicked off with a group performance by the Top 10 singing Bryan Adams' "Can't Stop This Thing We Started" before each competitor took the stage to sing individually.

Judges Zack Werner, Farley Flex and Jake Gold were looking more dapper than ever in their tailored suits and Sass Jordan looked extra lovely in a long, flowing dress. Instead of their usual seats at the judging desk, the judges sat back and enjoyed the show from the comfort of red leather chairs to the right of the stage.

The first guest performance of the night belonged to multiple Juno Award- nominated band Hedley, featuring former Season 2 Top 3 finisher Jacob Hoggard, who sang "Old School."

Dressed all in black and sporting a beard, Hoggard told Ben following his performance he was very flattered to be asked back to mentor.

"It was so fun to impart the knowledge. It was a real pleasure," said Hoggard.

We then took a look at Mitch's hometown support back home in Port Hood, N.S., where a huge crowd had gathered at Bayview Education Centre to cheer him on.

Dressed in a stunning white dress, Jully Black was next to sing with her song "Queen." The Juno Award-winning R&B artist was also a mentor and a confidant to the Canadian Idol competitors this season and Ben asked her how she enjoyed working on the show.

Black said it gave her "A chance to be Jully" before giving some advice to the final two.

"Mitch and Theo, dream big, be yourself, dare to be you and enjoy the journey," said Black.

We then saw Theo's hometown support back in Lethbridge where a huge crowd of people had also gathered at the University of Lethbridge.

The show then took a look back at the musical guests that Idol has welcomed this year - "everyone from the snowbird to the sex bomb" said Ben, referring to Anne Murray and Tom Jones. The show also welcomed guest mentors Gavin Rossdale, Simple Plan and Bryan Adams.

Mentoring this week along with Hedley was five-time Grammy Award-winner John Legend who brought his smooth soulful voice to the Idol stage singing his new single "Green Light" from upcoming album "Evolver."

Complete with some bootylicious backup dancers and horn players, Legend had the crowd standing and clapping along.

He also had some advice for the competitors.

"Gotta work hard no matter what ... it's a very competitive business," said Legend.

Next up to perform was the most successful female artist of all time, Mariah Carey.

Carey stepped out of a white upright Plexiglas box wearing a black sequined dress and stilettos singing "I'll Be Lovin' U Long Time."

After her performance Ben asked Mariah what motivates her after all these years and she answered "her fans."

When asked if she had any advice for Canadian Idol's Top 2, Carey said she met them today and they seemed really nice. She said they should keep believing in themselves, no matter what happens.

She took the stage one more time to sing "We Belong Together."

A taped segment was then shown of Flex's and Mulroney's recent trio to Malawi with UNICEF followed by a special performance by Idol's Top 10.

Outgoing champ Brian Melo handed over the Idol crown so to speak by performing one last time on the Idol stage singing "Back to Me" wearing his signature black toque and rocking like never before.

"Welcome back," said Ben.

After one more individual performance by MacDonald and Tams - "Love This Town" and "Weak in the Knees" - they sang a duet to Blue Rodeo's "Hasn't Hit Me Yet" before it was time to find out the results.

source:  http://www.ctv.ca
Sweet Angel
Magicien des Mots

Message par Sweet Angel »

En allant sur «iTunes» aujourd'hui, j'ai remarqué que le "single" de «Theo» est en 6e position!!!  Wow, vraiment remarquable pour un "single" de «CI»!!!

bizou37
Seigneur de la Causerie

Message par bizou37 »

Wowwwwww, c'est super  
Lâche pas mon p'tit  
bizou37
Seigneur de la Causerie

Message par bizou37 »

Citation :Theo Tams is exactly where he wants to be
Updated Fri. Sep. 12 2008 6:55 PM ET

Sheri Block, CTV.ca

Theo Tams has been crowned the new Canadian Idol, but long before he ever took the Idol stage he stood in a lineup at a mall to audition just like thousands of other hopefuls across the country.

The 23-year-old student from Lethbridge, Alta., made the trip to Calgary with his best friend Melissa Reimchen back in early February.

When idol.CTV.ca just happened to interview him at the mall, Tams said he had no idea how far he'd make it in the audition process but was just planning on being himself.

He was looking to get some exposure for his music and thought Idol might be a good thing to try.

"I think it's a great opportunity. I think it's a stepping stone," said Tams, while waiting in line. "Even if you don't make it to the Top 10 or to the finals, there are people who are going to see you. And I think just the experience of auditioning is a good thing."

Fast forward eight months and Theo Tams is now known by millions of people around the country and is being hailed as the best male vocalist and most well-rounded performer to have ever been on Canadian Idol.

Tams will head out on a Top 3 tour in November, along with Mitch MacDonald and Drew Wright, and will soon be working on his debut album, which is set to be released this spring on Sony BMG Canada.

"I already have in my mind a very clear defining picture of who I want to be in the industry and the things I want to say and the things I want to represent and ever since I was younger I just have in my heart a passion for certain things and just an openness with myself and with other people that I don't think a lot of artists bring to the table," said Tams, shortly after being named the new Canadian Idol on Wednesday's star-studded finale.

Even though Tams knew he was ready for this, he wasn't convinced it was going to be his name that was called when host Ben Mulroney read the results.

"In my head when he said 'The next Canadian Idol is...' that was the first moment where I was like 'I am ok with him saying 'Mitch' and I just expected him to. And I am just blown away," said Tams.

"I just feel so blessed. I just feel lucky. I just feel like one of the first times in my life that I'm just finally where I know I should be. It's such a great, great feeling. I'm just so happy I was able to do it the whole entire season by being myself and I didn't have to change anything and I was still able to make it this far. I'm ecstatic. I can't believe it at all."

His first single 'Sing' is already being played on radio stations across the country and the day following his Idol win was jam packed with media interviews and TV appearances.

Tams was worried early on in the competition he was going to be known just as the "sweaty pit guy" after he couldn't hide his nervousness in his first audition.

But once he got to the Top 200 week in Toronto, he blew everyone away the first day with his rendition of "Angel" by Sarah McLachlan on the piano.

"I don't think I've ever been that nervous. I've sung in front of a lot of people before and was never that nervous ... I knew there was going to be a lot of talented people but not like as many as there is here," Tams said at the time.

Zack Werner told him to take a seat as he was immediately through to the next round and told everyone else in the audience that Tams was their competition.

"It was a lot of encouragement but I mean at the same time, it shows that I've shown what I can do and now nothing less will be expected," continued Tams.

Now that he's the Canadian Idol, Tams hopes he can inspire other people to believe that no matter who you are or what you've gone through, you can achieve whatever you put your mind to.

"I told myself when I drove to Calgary for my very first audition that I wanted this and I was going to get it," said Tams.

"I've had so many people just try and change things about me and being on Idol was one of the first times where I had the courage to be myself through and through and that's why this experience just means so much to me and winning is just the cherry on top."
source:http://www.ctv.ca/idol/

Répondre

Revenir à « CANADIAN IDOL »