SYTYCD Canada 2, mardi 18 aout 20h.

Venez discuter ici des participants ainsi que tout ce qui entoure cette émission!
TheDuffy
Manitou de la Parlotte

Re: SYTYCD Canada 2, mardi 18 aout 20h.

Message par TheDuffy »

Wow Corynne Baron
[img]http://i35.tinypic.com/2a7dgeo.png[/img]
xilef
Immortel du Domaine

Message par xilef »

la vrai battaille commence... demain!!!!
xilef
Immortel du Domaine

Message par xilef »

Final SYTYCDC hopefuls audition in Montreal and Edmonton

Updated Wed. Aug. 19 2009 1:00 AM ET

Lindsay Zier-Vogel, CTV.ca

With only two stops left on So You Think You Can Dance Canada's cross-country search, the pressure was on in Montreal and Edmonton.

Dancers were aiming for a highly coveted spot in Season 2's Top 20, where the winner will be crowned Canada's Favourite Dancer and receive $100,000. Both the winner and runner-up will drive away in a new 2010 Mazda 3 Sport.

During the auditions, each dancer has 60 seconds to impress the judges with their solos. If they succeed in wowing the judges, they receive a Boarding Pass straight to the Finals. If they aren't, they're sent home.

When the judges are on the fence, the dancers are sent to Choreography with Blake McGrath. If they make it through 'Blake Boot Camp,' they still might have a chance at making the Top 20.

First up, Montreal!

Because half of Season 1's guys came from Quebec, expectations were high as judges Jean Marc Genereux, Tré Armstrong, Mia Michaels and Lil' C took the stage.

Last year's Top 8 dancer, Vincent Noiseux offered words of wisdom before the dancers began. "Just focus on today," he said. "Really, just kill it!"

Kicking off the Montreal audition was b-boy Nicolas Bégin, 24, from Québec City. In a leather jacket and jeans, Bégin pulled a plush red heart out of his jacket and wowed the judges with his fast footwork and crazy tricks. "You're so gross," Mia Michaels gushed, flashing him a Boarding Pass.

"That's a solo," Lil' C added.

Next up, Catherine Turcotte, 26, and Vincent Desjardins, 20, both from Trois-Rivières, Que., proved that Montreal is indeed the ballroom capital of Canada. Their partnering was strong throughout their Latin number.

"Wow, I love it," Jean Marc said, while an out of breath Desjardins assured the judges that even if they were to be split up in the competition, they'd support each other. Off they went to the Finals.

With bright red bangs and fabulous nails, hip-hop dancer Sonia "Beautiful" Sutherland, 22, from Mississauga, Ont., danced next, but Lil' C thought her solo was lacking and she didn't make it to choreography.

After this first 'no,' there was a string of rejections, and belly dancers, b-boys and contemporary dancers all left the stage disappointed.

Next up was Kim Gingras, 23. Last year, she made it through to the Finals with her boyfriend, Season 1's Vincent Noiseux, but this Montreal-native was cut after ballroom during Finals Week. "I just want to challenge myself," she said before heading up on stage.

Her energetic and sexy hip-hop number got all the judges excited. "Confidence is sexy," Tré said to a grateful and beaming Gingras and she left with a Boarding Pass.

Cody Bonnell, 19, from Unionville, Ont., was another familiar face. Last season he almost made Top 20, but the judges wanted him to have a bit more maturity. "They're going to see a different me," he said assuredly before starting his fluid hip-hop number.

"Welcome back," Jean Marc said, loving Bonnell's swagger. The judges were excited about how far he'd come. "There's something about you," Mia added and Bonnell was off to the Finals.

Moving away from hip-hop, Vancouver's Santé Fortunato, 20, stepped on stage in a sequined top and heels, performing a contortionist salsa-inspired solo.

"I can only imagine what you'd do on a pole," Mia said, and though she said she appreciated Fortunato's flexibility, she wasn't a fan of stripper dancing. Even still, the judges wanted to see what she'd do with Blake's choreography.

The auditions got emotional next as fraternal twins Jayme Rae and Jenny Dailey, 21, took to the stage. These Montreal sisters performed a contemporary duet, showcasing their exceptional technique and strong connection. They partnered each other in some sections, and danced in unison in others, and hugged each other supportively afterwards.

"Fabulous choreography," Mia said. "You did a lovely, lovely job, I was impressed."

Jean Marc and both girls let the tears flow as Jean Marc told a story of his son, who had a twin in utero. "He never will have the chance to experience something like you just did. The bond between you two is crazy," he said, wiping away his tears.

And with huge hugs from Jean Marc, the twins were off to the Finals.

Emotion was replaced with ego as Montreal's Jason Noël, 26, hit the stage. "I have a flame inside...and when it comes out, it's like ecstasy," he said before starting his sensual contemporary routine.

"Gorgeous choreography, gorgeous movement," Tré said and he was off to Blake Boot Camp.

Bubbly Montreal hip-hopper, Melissa Charlot, 23, performed next in a bright yellow jacket next. Lil' C loved the bounce to her movement and she, too, was off to Choreography.

Camille Norton, 18, from Calgary, was ready to perform an interpretive rumba with her non-competing partner, Season 1's Top 10 dancer Danny Arbour. "I'm here to show everybody that I'm better than Danny!" Norton said before going on stage.

The duet was sensual, complete with fast, tight turns and effortless lifts. All four judges raved about her performance and sent her straight through to the Finals. "I'm sure all of Canada would love you," Lil' C said.

After a string of 'yeses' it was time for the most dreaded portion of the auditions...Blake Boot Camp.

Day 1 in Montreal: Blake Boot Camp

Blake was tough on the dancers and it got hot and sweaty in the hour the dancers had to pick up the choreography. Montreal dancers tried their best, but not everyone made it through. Some smiled through the heart break, while others broke down, hoping for another chance next year.

But contortionist, Santé Fortunato, hip-hopper Melissa Charlot and uber-confident Jason Noël were some of the lucky few who would be heading to the Finals.

Montreal Day 2

An energetic jive started off Day 2 of the Montreal auditions and the judges loved the duet by Yevgeniya Taftay, 18, and Yvan Piwovarov, 19.

"It's very difficult to do jive," Jean Marc enthused afterwards, noting that it's the strength of the supporting leg that allows the flying sharp kicks. These Montreal dancers were off to the Finals.

Up next, hoop dancer Rebecca Halls, 28 from Comox, B.C., got host Leah Miller hula hooping back stage, then took the stage with her gold hula hoops. "That was really light weight for me," Mia said after her performance, but the judges agreed they wanted to see what she'd do in Choreography.

Kurtis Preston, 23, from Calgary Alta., started his b-boy solo with crazy head spins and Mia said he was her favourite b-boy on any So You Think You Can Dance stage. That was enough to garner him a Boarding Pass.

Dressed in a black fedora, a tie and bright red lipstick, Montreal's Bisma Raza, 18, made a mark with her extreme confidence. "The judges will love me...I'm really something," she told Leah before heading up on stage.

But her confidence didn't translate into skill level and she was told she wouldn't be moving on in the competition. "I think you're an actress, not a dancer," Jean Marc said graciously to an appalled Raza.

Calgarian Gessuri Gaitan, 27, had an entirely different attitude to dance. Inspired by nature, this contemporary dancer aspires to make the world a better place through dance.

His performance had a Cirque du Soleil quality with quirky shapes and extensive floor work and the judges were absolutely blown away by his performance. "I could have sat here and watched you for a long time," Mia gushed.

"That was one of the best solos I've seen in the two days I've been here," Lil' C agreed. "I want to thank you for showing me that." Without a doubt, Gaitan was off to the Finals.

A series of dancers wowed the judges and the Boarding Passes were flying, including one for the infamous Tiger San whose attitude changed dramatically from Season 1.

Blake Boot Camp in Montreal: Day 2

Blake Boot Camp flustered even the most confident of dancers, and 30 minutes into the choreography, hoop dancer Rebecca Halls jumped on stage.

"I went to meditate because I was super nervous, but then I fell asleep," she said. Blake wished her luck, but she didn't make it through.

She wasn't the only one heading home empty handed, but not everyone was disappointed as a series of elated competitors danced down the sidewalk, Boarding Passes in hand.

Time to head to Edmonton

The SYTYCDC auditions travelled to Alberta next, home of Season 1's Joey Matt, Allie Bertram and Miles Faber. The prairie dancers were in good company with judges Jean Marc, Tré, Luther Brown, and Edmonton-native, Stacey Tookey.

Before the dancers got on stage, Season 1's Top 3 dancer Miles Faber offered some advice: "You made it this far, don't hold back. Give it everything you have every step of the way," he said.

First up was Jeff Mortensen, 21, from Edmonton. Though he started dancing as a Ukrainian dancer, to which he credits much of his stamina, he chose to perform an elegant, flawless contemporary routine.

His flexibility was out of this world, his tricks and jumps absolutely effortless and he was off to the Finals!

Fellow Edmontonian Nathan Young, 20, got Leah popping in line, then doing booty shaking and though the judges thought he was loads of fun, they didn't think he was quite ready for Choreography.

Shelaina Anderson, 18, who was also from Edmonton, performed her contemporary solo next with sweeping attitude turns and effortless high kicks. She was beaming afterwards. "That was great," Luther said.

"That was a complete breath of fresh air," Stacey added, noting her stellar technique, and Anderson was given a Boarding Pass.

Joel Ronnie, 18, from Ponoka, Alta., also performed an emotional contemporary solo. Stacey said his love for dance was evident, but wanted to see him point his feet. Off he went to Blake Boot Camp.

Edmontonian James Jones, 24, was back from the Season 1 auditions with an arsenal of b-boy tricks. His freezes were dynamic and got the judges and the audiences excited. Jones was sent straight to Finals for a second year in a row.

24-year-old Anthony Grafton was up next and though this Calgarian was a ballroom dancer, he showed off his popping moves before taking to the stage. His sharp spicy duet garnered him a Boarding Pass.

After Celtic and Ukrainian dancing filled the stage, Native hoop dancer Eric Pipestem, 18, impressed the judges with his non-stop, rhythmic footwork. His performance was so strong, this Calgarian got a standing ovation from the judges.

"The hoop dance tells the story of the dancer's life by the symbols and different designs that (the hoops make)," Pipestem explained. And off he went to Choreography.

Edmonton's Corynne Barron, 18, was up next and her extreme flexibility helped her not just on stage, but also on the ice, as she's a dedicated ringette goalie.

Her technical solo appeared effortless. "Come get your ticket," the judges said without hesitating and she burst into grateful tears.

A bunch of dancers wowed the judges and went straight through to the Finals, but then it was time for Blake to take the stage.

Blake Boot Camp: Edmonton

Blake cracked the whip at the last Boot Camp on the audition tour. "He's scary," one dancer said mid-way through learning the routine.

"This is a really intense combo," another dancer said.

Hoop dancer Eric Pipestem didn't get a Boarding Pass, though he promised to come back next year and heartbreak continued for many disappointed dancers.

Joel Ronnie turned the Edmonton dancers' luck around as he got a ticket to the Finals and a string of excited dancers were overwhelmed, leaping and dancing with their Boarding Passes.

All of the Boarding Passes have now been handed out and it's almost time for Finals Week!

Stay tuned

Who will falter during the intense competition and who will make it all the way?

Finals Week heats up on Wednesday August 19th at 8 p.m. (ET) and the Top 20 Reveal Special hits the air on Sunday August 23 at 9 p.m. (ET).

source:
http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/s ... 08&no_ads=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Répondre

Revenir à « SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE »