American Idol Final (25 mai 2010)

Venez discuter ici des participants ainsi que tout ce qui entoure cette émission!
Répondre
xilef
Immortel du Domaine

American Idol Final (25 mai 2010)

Message par xilef »

'American Idol:' Finale week sees Crystal Bowersox and Lee Dewyze face off
By Jessica Nunez | MLive.com
May 25, 2010, 9:27PM

100512-lee-dewyze-crystal-bowersox-duet.jpgFox photoLee Dewyze and Crystal Bowersox face off for the grand prize in the last week of 'American Idol.'

This is the last week of "American Idol," and, as Ryan Seacrest points out, it's important in two ways: It's the week the show crowns the season nine winner, and it's also Simon Cowell's last week ever on the show.

He'll be starting on Fox's new show "The X Factor" in the fall.

For the last round of performances, the remaining two contestants Crystal Bowersox and Lee Dewyze sang three songs each.

To summarize the night -- I went into it rooting for Lee and ended the show having to admit that Crystal deserves to win.

Let's break down each performance, including the judges' comments.

Round One: Inspirational songs

Lee Dewyze, "The Boxer." Lee sang this song during "Idol Gives Back" week, and in my opinion, he did a much better job back then. He looked a little like a deer caught in headlights when the song started and sounded pretty weak. I don't love Lee's softer side, and I'd much rather see him rocking out with that raspy voice. But what we got was a sing-songy performance that was lacking in Lee's usual edge. Not a strong start. Here's what the judges said:

* Randy: "Pick it up, get some more energy going."
* Ellen: "I actually think you did that better than you did the first time."
* Kara: "You gotta punch it up a little, but it was very believable and I believe you were connected to it."
* Simon: "I would expect actually a lot more passion, excitement. That was a kiss on the cheek when I actually wanted a kiss on the lips."

Crystal Bowersox, "Me and Bobby McGee." This was another repeat song, as Crystal performed it back in March and blew us all away. This time was no different. She gave it her all and got really into the performance. By the end of the song, she was bobbing her head and yelling out -- in a non-tacky way. It was spectacular and one of her best performances all season -- excatly what you should bring to a finale show.

* Randy: "I hope you make a record like that, I thought it was dope."
* Ellen: "You are so compelling on stage, you and that guitar filling up that entire room."
* Kara: "You have fire in your belly tonight."
* Simon: "This brought me back to the time when we absolutely fell in love with you."

Round Two: Executive producer's choice
Lee Dewyze, "Everybody Hurts." This song was a much better choice. Who knew television producers were so good at ... well ... making good television? Lee had a lot of rasp in his voice and good energy. The gospel choir in the background didn't hurt either. This was his best performance tonight.

* Randy: "That was a lot better."
* Ellen: "I want to see you ... get more into it."
* Kara: "It wasn't a perfect vocal, but I love that you're emotionally accessible."
* Simon: "That was a brilliant song choice, but I'm feeling that you're nervous tonight. When you come out for your last performance I want a ten out of ten."

Crystal Bowersox, "Black Velvet." This was another solid Crystal performance, although I will say it didn't have the overall "it" quality of "Bobby McGee." It was a perfect song for her, though, and she delivered it with spunk and polish.

* Randy: "Mama Sox is in it to win it! That was hot!"
* Ellen: "That was fantastic."
* Kara: "Tonight is the night to give it your all, and that's what you were doing."
* Simon: "I'm almost allergic to that song because I've heard it so many times in auditions, but I've got to tell you, you took that song and you absolutely nailed it."

Round Three: Winner's first single
Lee Dewyze, "It's a Beautiful Day." He sounded a bit warbley (or was that just my TV?), but having such a great song was a gigantic plus for him. He hammed it up a bit, smiling to the audience, but his confidence didn't come through as much in his voice, which is out of character for him. Bottom line: He took an energetic, excellent song and made it simply "okay." I have been rooting for Lee since the beginning, but tonight he didn't bring everything he's been bringing all season long, and that's unfortunate.

* Randy: "You're getting your groove back. That's the Lee that I love and remember."
* Ellen: "I love that you were able to get to that place to that, you did a great job."
* Kara: "I think you got swallowed up a bit in that song, but I will say this: you deserve to be here tonight."
* Simon: "This is my final time I'm ever going to judge this show, and this is what this show is designed for. You've worked hard and I genuinely wish the best for you."

Crystal Bowersox, "Up to the Mountain." Again, this performance was very real, simple and beautiful. Nothing to knock your socks or anything, but overall, it was a display of very good, solid music. This would be an excellent single for Crystal's first commercial album, surrounded by some of her own original songs and other favorite "Idol" covers. I'd buy it (so would Ellen: see below).

* Randy: "This is what this show is about -- an amazing song and an amazing singer. That was incredible!"
* Ellen: "I cannot compare you to one contemproray artist right now. You are in a leauge of your own. If you make an album, I'll buy it."
* Kara: "This was a very important song for you tonight. Tonight you were completely emotionally invested in that song unlike any other night."
* Simon: "I thought that was by far the best performance and song of the night, and since this is the last critique I'm ever going to give, I'd just like to say, that was outstanding."

So now for the question we've been watching all season to answer: Who will win "American Idol" season 9? Vote in our poll and discuss your choice in the comments.

source:
http://www.mlive.com/tv/index.ssf/2010/ ... _sees.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dernière modification par xilef le mer. mai 26, 2010 1:38 pm, modifié 2 fois.
xilef
Immortel du Domaine

Re: American Idol Final

Message par xilef »

Lee DeWyze - Top 2 - 1st Song - The Boxer

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etSs2-qtAF4[/youtube]
xilef
Immortel du Domaine

Message par xilef »

Crystal Bowersox TOP 2 "Me And Bobby McGee"

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51oG0Owhcfg[/youtube]
xilef
Immortel du Domaine

Message par xilef »

Lee DeWyze TOP 2 "Everybody Hurts"

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHw9zgebalA[/youtube]
xilef
Immortel du Domaine

Message par xilef »

Crystal Bowersox - Top 2 - Black Velvet

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duGVi14ut9M[/youtube]
xilef
Immortel du Domaine

Message par xilef »

Lee DeWyze Top 2 - 3rd Song - Beautiful Day

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySjEs0FCGCw[/youtube]
xilef
Immortel du Domaine

Message par xilef »

Crystal Bowersox - Up To The Mountain

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Elb8A4DQJGI[/youtube]
xilef
Immortel du Domaine

Message par xilef »

mon choix est fait depuis longtemps...
xilef
Immortel du Domaine

Message par xilef »

American Idol 2010 winner? Crystal Bowersox "Black Velvet" and more crushes Lee DeWyze!
May 25, 2010 08:58 PM EDT
views: 1412

Who has what it takes to be the next American Idol - Crystal Bowersox or Lee DeWyze? Crystal, the mom and musician, was the obvious choice in the beginning of the season. She had a soulful voice and unique style. But Lee, the dark horse, came out of nowhere, blindsiding everyone and challenging the rest of the contestants to do their best. Both Crystal and Lee deserve to be in the finals. They rocked it and stayed true to themselves throughout the competition. No matter who won, I wasn't going to be too disappointed.

In tonight's episode before the season finale, the contestants performed their favorite song of the season, a song chosen by producer Simon Fuller and the song they will record if they win the competition. We could all expect to hear a good song, a challenging song, and a really corny song. I'm sure you can guess which descriptions go with which songs. Here's how the contestants matched up against each other in each round:

Round 1: Lee DeWyze "The Boxer" vs Crystal Bowersox "Me and Bobby McGee" - Lee was eating Crystal's dust on this one. He choice a great song but his delivery fell flat compared to Crystal's energetic performance. Round 1: Crystal Bowersox

Round 2: Lee DeWyze "Everybody Hurts" vs Crystal Bowersox "Black Velvet" - This was an interesting song choice for Lee. It's not a single I'd expect out of him but I thought it had a lot of potential. Unfortunately Lee held himself back and didn't let loose. It was obvious that Crystal was uncomfortable in her wardrobe and having to prance around stage, but that girl can raise the roof with her voice! She was amazing. Round 2: Crystal Bowersox!

Round 3: Lee DeWyze "Beautiful Day vs Crystal Bowersox "Up to the Mountain" - Well, well, well. This round was a surprise. The contestants didn't have to sing a lame song tailored specifically for Idol as they have in seasons past. They get to do remakes of good songs! I prefer the U2 song Lee sang, but Crystal's performance was far superior. There was no awkwardness. It was completely natural. Simon's last critique ever on Idol was directed to Crystal for this performance. He said to her with a smile on his face, "That was outstanding." Round 3: Crystal Bowersox

Wow! Crystal Bowersox completely took over this episode of American Idol. She proved she's not just a singer but an artist as well. I'm proud of the performances she put on this evening. I love Lee, but after tonight, Crystal deserves to win.

source:
http://entertainment.gather.com/viewArt ... 4978258900" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ninty
Seigneur de la Causerie

Message par Ninty »

DialIdol me fait très peur...

Anyway, sérieusement si Crystal gagne pas après ce soir, c'est n'importe quoi.
xilef
Immortel du Domaine

Message par xilef »

Remember this night, if Crystal Bowersox doesn’t win

By Alex Strachan, Canwest News Service May 25, 2010

In a season where American Idol voters have so consistently, completely, utterly got it wrong, it is entirely likely that Lee DeWyze will win the title Wednesday, and all power to him.

As Simon Cowell told the Mt. Prospect, Ill., guitar-singer/songwriter after his crowning performance of U2’s Beautiful Day in Tuesday’s performance program, "What I want to say about you is, this is what this competition was designed for, which is somebody who needs a break, having a normal job, working in a paint shop. You’ve worked hard. You’ve remained a really, really nice person throughout, and I genuinely wish the best for you. You’re a great guy."

And he is. DeWyze sang three songs Tuesday — his Beautiful Day was the best — and the Idol crowd was suitably appreciative.

But then Crystal Bowersox took the stage to close the show, and she did something that has never been done before: Her soulful, stirring performance of Patty Griffin’s folk anthem Up to the Mountain left 7,000 people — the announced crowd at Los Angeles’ Nokia Theatre — in stunned silence.

Silence never spoke so loudly. Bowersox may not win Wednesday — I suspect she won’t — but the moment took everyone, Cowell, Randy Jackson, Kara DioGuardi and Ellen DeGeneres included, by surprise.

Bowersox was always good, always tapped to be the front-runner in arguably Idol’s weakest field in nine seasons. But this was off the charts. "It’s been a long time coming," goes the song lyric, and truer words were never spoken, or sung.

"An amazing song, by an amazing singer," Jackson said, looking genuinely moved — possibly for the first time this season.

"You have a beautiful voice," DeGeneres added. "Beautiful voice. So clear, it just pulls you in . . . You’re just so, so good, and I’m so happy to be a part of witnessing the rise of your career."

Bowersox has always been the dark horse of the competition, the outsider, the Lilith Fair ingenue, unpredictable, temperamental and completely out-of-place in a contest that was designed from the start to find the next radio-friendly pop star.

So when she cut Cowell off, before he had a chance to begin ("Can I say something before you say something, Simon?") you could just picture Idol’s producers collectively clutching their hearts in panic mode in the director’s booth. Idol is live, after all, in the Eastern time zone.

So when Bowersox thanked Cowell for his critiques, there was a collective sense of relief, mixed with rising panic that maybe, just maybe she was sucking up to him, on live TV, before the all-important audience vote. But then anyone who has watched Bowersox these past few weeks and months know that sucking up just isn’t in her vernacular: If anything, she was typed as headstrong and difficult, which is in part why the producers’ — and Cowell’s — sentiment swung against her in recent outings.

Cowell seemed genuinely startled by her words, and — bizarrely — humbled, if only for a moment.

Bowersox may not win. Her core fan base may privately be hoping she doesn’t: It’s hard to be the rebel when you’ve won a TV singing competition watched by an audience some 20 million viewers.

But this was her night. And, like former contestant Adam Lambert before her, at this point, it probably doesn’t matter what happens Wednesday night.

source:
http://www.canada.com/Remember+this+nig ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mawiiie
Seigneur de la Causerie

Message par Mawiiie »

Beautiful Day pour Lee! C'est quoi ce choix poche! Y'a juste Bono qui peut faire les hautes dans cette toune et sans haute, la toune manque de relief.

Crystal a surpassé Lee ce soir, mais côté goût, je préfère Lee.

Mais mon top 3 cette année fut:
Didi
Casey
Lee
Lilou!!!
Seigneur de la Causerie

Message par Lilou!!! »

CRYSTAL ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

si Lee gagne je capote zzzzzzzzz deux gagant pareille deux année de suite vraiment pas
Dernière modification par Lilou!!! le mer. mai 26, 2010 8:48 am, modifié 1 fois.
MayClo
Intronisé au Panthéon

Message par MayClo »

Crystal !! Go !
Zoukie
Intronisé au Panthéon

Re: American Idol Final (25 mai 2010)

Message par Zoukie »

J'aimerais un mini plus que Lee gagne,mais ne sera pas du tout triste et bien heureuse si c'est Crystal !

Je ne lui reproche qu'une chose! Enfin,un reproche selon mes goûts...C'est loin d'être un déFaut !

Elle fait pour moi trop vieux style ! Elle fait mélange Woodstock avec un soupcon de chanteuse engagée féministe qui m'agace :gla:

Black Velvet D'alanah Myles...Calvaire! Ca joue ds les discos 45-65 tsé :lol: Mais elle a une suuuuuuuuuper voix!! Elle est cool et charismatique...Juste pas ds mes goûts,c'est tout!

Et contrairement à Mawiiie,j'ai ADORÉ Beautiful day de U2 !
[img]http://www.domainebleu.ca/images/sigdb.gif[/img]
puzzles
Caïd de la Causette

Message par puzzles »

Lilou!!! a écrit :CRYSTAL ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

si Lee gagne je capote zzzzzzzzz deux gagant pareille deux année de suite vraiment pas
:clap: :clap: entierement d,accord !
Melsy4
Immortel du Domaine

Message par Melsy4 »

J'ai toujours eu un faible pour Lee .... depuis le début!Sauf que Crystal a toujours aussi été dans mes préférés et j'étais très heureuse de les voir en finale.

Hier soir, selon moi, Crystal a été 100 fois meilleur que Lee même si j'ai toujours préféré Lee.

Meilleur au niveau des tounes, de la voix, de l'émotion, de la présence ...

Lee a une belle gueule, une belle voix ... mais a encore besoin de savoir exactement ou il s'en va poru devenir un artiste a part entière selon moi ...

Crystal est une artiste... ça se sent.. ça se voit... et même si c'est pas nécessairement mon style de musique, je crois qu'elle mérite vraiment de gagner American Idol.... surtout si on se fie aux performances d'hier soir.
Répondre

Revenir à « AMERICAN IDOL / THE X FACTOR »